Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Personal Plan of Salvation


The Big Picture - Bright Eyes

            Since man has first had coherent thought, there have always been questions pervading the mind that cry for an answer. Some more complicated than other, these questions require a great deal of introspection in conjunction with an incurable curiosity for what lies beyond this world. Three of the most common questions center around the pathway of human existence. Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I going?
            I was born to a young couple who were very much in love in Raleigh, NC. This would be the first element of my identity. I am a son. However, I believe that my lineage is not only of this earth, but has celestial roots which run through my body as thick as the blood I inherited from my mortal parents. Because of this, I am not only a son of worldly kin, but also a son of God. This fact alone can change practically every outlook, decision and attitude you have in life.
            Apart from these fundamental elements of who I am, there are many other temporal elements that make up my personality.  I am a musician, a loyal friend, a conversationalist.  Many of these attributes carry over to the reason why I believe I am here on this earth.
            There are many people that walk this planet and give no thought to others; no care for what a stranger may be going through, no empathy for loved ones who’ve suffered a bad day. I have been blessed with the wonderful gift of altruism. However, this desire to connect with others and make them feel valued and important can be draining. There are many times where the desire to put other’s well-being or opinions before my own has led me to be self-depreciating, tentative and emotionally exhausted. It’s a balancing act; finding the happy medium between building up others without tearing yourself down to do so. However, the satisfaction that comes from helping those who may not typically feel useful come to realize their infinite worth in the eyes of their fellow man, as well as their God is unparalleled.
            I do not claim to be ay kind of role model or inspiration for anyone, I simply believe that everyone has the capacity to love those around them. I only wish to be a catalyst for those who are on the cusp of deciding to be themselves and be proud of whatever that person is and what they stand for.
            The place that I’m going has two tiers: temporal and eternal. As pertaining to my mortal life, I hope to be able to continue on my chosen career path, which is Public Relations. I always capitalize the name of the industry. It’s a bad habit, but I think it’s because I consider it a friend. I realize this sounds odd, but my reasoning for saying such is because ever since I’ve realized that PR is the field I’ve wanted to be in, it has given me a new confidence and purpose in my mortal life. I love to write. I love to speak. I love to assist people in helping other people. Public relations helps me to address all of these strengths in one place. Getting paid is a bonus.
            As far as the more religious and supernal aspect of “where I’m going,” I believe I’m returning to the same lace I came from: back home with my Heavenly Father. For I am persuaded, as was the Apostle Paul that “neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from…God.” (Romans 8:38-39)
            I believe, with everything inside of me, that God has a plan for me. I also believe that I can know of a surety if I am following that plan by asking Him in prayer if I am on the path he’d have me follow. With the confidence and reassurance I receive from those conversations with my Maker, how can I not continue to try to not only be my best self, but encourage others to do the same?


Always, 

Mike


Let the Sirens Rest - Now It's Overhead

No comments:

Post a Comment