Friday, January 18, 2013

Ketchup

Don't Let the Jonses Get You Down - The Temptations

So, I'm a big slacker. But I'm not going to let that deter me from keeping up on this blog. I refuse. So, what I'll do is give a kind of poor man's recap of this past week, repent and then move on.

On this past Friday, my band, The Hucksters, played a packed house down at Sammy's Café alongside the New Electric Sound. It was one of the best experiences of my musical life. There were around 150-175 people that came and it was PACKED in there. We really played our hearts out and melted some faces, which is our ultimate goal as a band.

The rest of the weekend consisted of homework and then church. Not too many crazy eventful things happening there.

Then, the rest of this week has been pretty fun, albeit exhausting. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are pretty much nonstop, starting at 8 and ending at 6-7. Especially this past Wednesday. I woke up early to help out in the Rexburg Temple. I got up at 5. I didn't get done with class and work until 8 p.m. This led to me going to bed at 9:30 p.m, which was a great decision.

Also, this week, the Hucksters have been rehearsing for our acoustic/folk show today (Friday). We are featuring the ever-talented, always lovely Emma Huntington from Tandem - another local artist - and she will help by playing uke and banjo for us while singing along as well. I'm sure I'll have fun things to report about that show. I get to play guitar, bass, uke, harmonica and cajon! Should be a blast.

I promise to stay consistent. I must, I must, I must!



Always,

Mike

Ain't No Grave - Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment