Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Any Colour You Like

Breathe - Pink Floyd

The second day of classes was just as fulfilling as the first. I had my research class this morning and it actually got me really excited to start learning about things that are somewhat outside my comfort zone. Apart from that, my other class is the student-run agency on campus, currently called I~Comm, but we're going through a re-branding phase right now, so the name will be different by the end of the semester. The current favorite is Soapbox Creative Agency. I saw the pitch. I dig it.

Below is a sample of some of the work we've done.

The agency is one of my favorite parts of school; of life, really. I'm an account executive, which is a fancy term that means I'm better at talking than I am at design and creativity. Although I'd like to think I still have some of those skills and an eye for good design. Being able to work with such fantastic and talented people everyday is such a privilege, though.

Now, I'm just sitting in my living room, lights dimmed, listening to Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl.


[Insert condescending hipster insult here.]

Of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Devotional was today. Every Tuesday at my school, they have a speaker come in to address the student body. Typically, the topics are on a spiritual level, but cover all aspects of life. Today, the president of the school, Kim B. Clark spoke. The quote I enjoyed the most from him was this: 
"You can live the letter of the law if you follow the commandments. You can live the letter and the spirit of the law if you follow the Savior."
I like this because there are a lot of people in the world today who believe being a good Christian is simply obeying the Commandments and staying out of trouble. however, true discipleship is loving Christ and following his example by showing charity towards those around you, living with peace and patients and patiently and happily bearing all things he sees fit to bestow upon us. (Mosiah 23:21-22)

I love this school, I love the Lord and I love you, anonymous reader!


Always,

Mike

Brain Damage - Pink Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment